Internship Partners: Service in Savannah
Columba House interns will live together and grow together as Christian disciples in intentional community. But that is just part of the whole picture for CHS Interns! You’ll spend 25-30 hours per week serving your community in a local Episcopal parish or non-profit service organization. These are local groups that will connect you to the heart of Savannah and give you leadership experience that will form you for life.
Near the end of your Columba House Savannah interview process, the Missioners will recommend you to one or two of our internship partners to discuss your day-to-day work in the city. Our Internship Partners fall into two categories: Episcopal Parishes and Non-Profit Organizations.
Note: Each year, some of our Internship Partners will go without an intern because we have more Partners than available spots in the program. Internship Partner organizations will continue to collaborate with the work and ministry of Columba House and its interns, even if no intern is assigned to that organization in a given program year.
Check out our current Internship Partners below.
Internship Partners – Parishes
- The Collegiate Church of St. Paul the Apostle, Savannah, GA (This parish is currently unavailable for Internships, but it partners with CHS for Morning Prayer and other worship.)
- The Community of St. Joseph, Savannah, GA
- St. George’s Episcopal Church, Savannah, GA
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Rincon, GA
- St. Michael & All Angels’ Episcopal Church, Savannah, GA
- St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, Pooler, GA
Internship Partners – Non-Profit Organizations
- Lutheran Services of Georgia, Savannah, GA: “The goal of our programs is to help families and individuals in Savannah find and hold on to safe, supportive, loving, and stable home environments. To meet this goal, we provide a continuum of care, so that the people taking part in our programs are supported throughout their time with us, and know that they are never alone.” A CHS Intern will work primarily with the Refugee Services office. LSG is the only non-profit in Savannah that serves our refugee population.
- The Rape Crisis Center of the Coastal Empire, Savannah, GA: “The mission of the Rape Crisis Center is to provide support and information to victims of rape and child sexual abuse and their families and to provide community education and sexual assault prevention programs for all ages.” A CHS Intern will work primarily on community education and sexual assault prevention programs.
- The United Way of the Coastal Empire, Savannah, GA: “The mission of the United Way of the Coastal Empire is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.” A CHS Intern will learn to manage non-profits, allocate funds, and network between various service organizations in the Savannah area.
- Wesley Community Centers of Savannah, Inc., Savannah, GA: (Up to 3 Interns.) Find them on Facebook, or call (912) 236-4226.
- Early Childhood Center Internships:
Want firsthand experience working for a non-profit that provides nationally-accredited early childhood services for young children from homeless and low-income families? Are you a hard worker? Then an internship with Wesley may be the answer.
Incentives include work-related gas reimbursement, optional lunch from the Early Childhood Center at no-charge while working, and tons of smiles from the children we serve. Together, we do make a difference to those in need!
***Early Childhood Center Internships are available at both the Lady Bamford Childcare Center and the Wesley Community Center locations.
- Family Life Center Internship:
Want firsthand experience working for a non-profit that has been serving people in need since 1949? Are you a hard worker? Dedicated to the mission of service to others? Then an internship with Wesley may be the answer. Wesley provides utility assistance, financial literacy, case management, supportive services (food pantry, career clothing closet, adult education, and more), nationally-accredited early childhood services, and youth programs to homeless and low income people in need from this local community.
Incentives include work-related gas reimbursement and optional lunch from the Early Childhood Center at no-charge while working. Together, we do make a difference to those in need!
- Early Childhood Center Internships:
*** This list will be updated as we add new Internship Partners. Please contact us and check back here regularly for updates!